RDÉE Prince Edward Island is seeking an energetic and organized bilingual person to take on this new position which will support French-speaking new arrivals and employers to fill employment opportunities. If you believe that PEI is a great place to live and work and want to make that happen, this position is for you! Candidates having studied in either French immersion or French first-language with strong English skills and an interest and enthusiasm for supporting the labor market and economic growth on PEI are the right fit for us. The contract starts immediately and will continue until March 31, 2020. Possibility of contract renewal following this date.
• Identify and create employment opportunities for newcomers with local employers and in sectors requiring staffing: workplace observation sessions, mini-internships, personalized meetings, workplace studies, analysis of job skills, mock job interviews with employer feedback;
• Support newcomers in the acquisition of skills required for job searching, preparing resumés and undergoing job interviews;
• Work with francophone and bilingual partners to access and offer the best possible services to employers and newcomers to support the hiring and workplace integration process;
• Conduct continual research on the Island work market and create and maintain a network of contacts and partners as well as an updated repertoire of sites and job opportunities;
• Other related tasks.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS : University diploma in business administration or human resources management or equivalency in work experience.
• Excellent working knowledge of English and French (written and spoken);
• Skills in job market research and analysis as well as in the needs of Canadian and Island employers;
• Excellent interpersonal and professional relations skills to create and maintain relationships with employers and partners;
• Advanced understanding of the private sector of PEI, its priorities and its operation;
• Knowledge of the challenges faced in the hiring of newcomers, from both the employer and newcomer perspectives;
• Capacity to guide employers and newcomers in the areas of employability, hiring, orientation and creation of a work environment that is sensitive to interculturality to ensure a successful workplace integration;
• Great diplomacy and strategic and creative thinking;
• Ability in the professional preparation and delivery of presentations, workshops and informational documents;
• Mastery in Internet-based research and in social media to identify employment and partnership opportunities with employers.
OFFICE LOCATION: Wellington or Charlottetown. Position will require travelling all over the Island to meet with clients.
SALARY : To be negotiated, based on skills.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 16th, 2019, at midnight.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and French version of resumé to email@example.com or by mail or in person to:
Bonnie Gallant, Executive director
RDÉE Prince Edward Island
P.O. Box 7, Wellington, PE