EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Human Resources Manager
The Coopérative Le Chez-nous ltée, which operates a community care facility in Wellington, PEI, is looking to hire a Human Resources Manager. The HR Manager, who reports directly to the executive director, provides professional support and advice to ensure the smooth operation of the Coopérative Le Chez-nous ltée team. The HR Manager will take on the role of assistant director and replace the executive director in his absence. As a member of the management team of Le Chez-nous, the HR Manager will participate in the planning and budgeting processes as well as problem-solving. The person occupying the position will be autonomous and will show flexibility and availability as there may be meetings or activities taking place outside regular business hours.
DUTIES: Under the executive director’s supervision, the HR Manager will have the following primary duties:
• Advise the executive director and the section leaders regarding hiring, orientation, supervision, training, occupational health and safety, performance and professional ability evaluation and disciplinary measures for staff;
• Manage the personnel files for all staff members, including : resumes, verification of references, verification of certificates and licenses, verification of criminal record check, offer letters, administering the oath of confidentiality, performance and professional ability evaluations, proof of professional training, modifications to job descriptions, disciplinary notices, tax forms, preparation of registration forms for the benefits package, leave requests, and more;
• Identify and organize professional development sessions and ongoing training;
• Ensure that all staff members meet the requirements of the various jurisdictions regarding obtaining and maintaining the operating certification of the residence as required by the Department of Health and Wellness, specifically the Operational and Care Service Standards for Private Nursing Homes;
• Coordinate the arrivals, departures and retirements of staff members;
• Researching and updating pertinent information regarding salaries, benefits, federal and provincial laws and regulations regarding human resource management, occupational health and safety and staff training – and recommend any changes or modifications to the existing policies; and
• Take on the responsibilities of assistant director and replace the executive director in his absence.
• A degree or diploma in an area related to human resource management, professional training, labor relations, or training obtained through a professional training program in human resource management is required.
• Experience as a generalist in human resource management, including experience in the following areas : recruitment and retention, personnel file management, training, position classification, salaries, labor relations, and other.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in French and English.
• Knowledge of the field of senior care facilities, either public, private or community, as well as the support services available to ensure the security and wellness of residents.
• Personal qualities to maintain positive relationships with staff, residents and their families, government agency representatives, community members, etc.
• Having a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation would be an asset.
SKILLS: Team player, methodical, innovative, empathetic, engagement, availability.
SALARY: To be negotiated according to skills and experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 31, 2018
TO APPLY: Send your application letter and your resume either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 1-900-854-4302, or by mail to La Coopérative Le Chez-nous ltée, 64 Sunset Dr., P.O. Box 40, Wellington, PEI, C0B 2E0. Any questions can be addressed to the executive director at 902-854-3426.