CHARLOTTETOWN – May 5, 2022 – Nine Island companies, looking to explore new markets for their products and services, will travel to Quebec (in person or virtually) later this month to meet with at least 120 major potential buyers. They will be offering Acadian-themed tours, gift boxes, dog food sauces, anti-Covid masks, strategic planning services, prosthetics, food safety training, apple cider, healthy juices and other foods.
« Our last few missions have generated substantial sales for our participants and our provincial economy, » says Robert Maddix, mission coordinator for RDÉE Prince Edward Island. « As we continue to help our participants refine their sales approaches and presentations, we once again have high expectations for our participants in this 11th mission. »
In fact, each participating company receives individual training to coach them on the best ways to use, in their specific circumstances and in their particular field, to convince the wholesale buyers they will meet to purchase their products or services. « We have once again retained the services of the Quebec firm Clientis, which is an expert in this field, to deliver the training, » explains Maddix. « It is this same firm that virtually met with each of our participating companies to get to know them thoroughly in order to set up appointments with Quebec buyers who would be more likely to buy what our participants have to offer. »
Seven of the companies will participate in the mission in person May 16-20:
• Vital Health Supplies, a producer of anti-Covid-19 masks, from Summerside (Scott Grady);
• Eureka Solutions, a strategic planning firm, from Long Creek (Jacinthe Lemire);
• Au Naturel Solutions Inc., a producer of breast prostheses, of Stratford (Simonne Cormier);
• Chow Time Pet Foods, producer of gravy for dog food, of Charlottetown (Zack Montreuil and two other representatives);
• Distinct Magic Décor/Fusion Gift Boxes, a multi-cultural gift box vendor from Stratford (Solange Aké);
• Navigate Food Safety Solutions, an institution that delivers training for food safety certification, from Montague (Maureen and Alexander Hanley) ;
• and Double Hill Cidery, a manufacturer of apple ciders, from Caledonia (Sebastian Manago).
Two other companies will participate in the mission virtually from May 9 to 13:
• Productions Cuisine à Mémé, producer of dinner-theatre shows and tour organizer, from Mont-Carmel (Paul D. Gallant);
• and Glow Juicery, producer of healthy juices and other high quality food products, from Summerside (Mélanie Dufour).
Five of the businesses participating in this « hybrid » mission have already participated in previous RDÉE missions. They are returning to finalize or sign sales agreements with buyers they met before or to meet new potential buyers since the Quebec market is so vast.
Last fall, Clientis and the Island delegation had also organized a networking reception during one of the evenings of the mission. « This time, we are instead organizing a dinner evening with only one individual meeting with a major potential buyer for each of our participants, on May 18th in Montreal, » explains Maddix. « This way, they will have more time to talk in a more social atmosphere. »
PHOTO : Simonne Cormier from Au Naturel Solutions of Stratford is looking forward to participating in RDÉE PEI’s 11th sales mission to meet with Quebec health institutions that could sell her products – breast prostheses made of natural products for women who have had mastectomies.
For more information:
Sales Mission Coordinator
RDÉE Prince Edward Island