SUMMERSIDE – Jan. 13, 2014 – Twelve francophone businesses, entrepreneurs, co-ops and individuals, all deemed to be quite deserving, are in the running for the Acadian and Francophone Chamber of Commerce of PEI’s five entrepreneurial awards for 2015.
Chamber spokesperson Jeannette Arsenault officially announced the list of finalists Tuesday during a Members’ Luncheon in Summerside.
She noted that the awards jury had been extremely impressed by the quality of submissions again this year. « All of the candidates certainly deserve to be honored with awards recognizing their wondrous contributions to the provincial economy and to local community development. »
The committee therefore had to make extremely difficult choices, adds the spokesperson. She warns that the winners will not necessarily be the ones one could presume a first guess.
Arsenault adds that the names of the winners will be unveiled during the annual Entrepreneurs’ Gala March 14 at the Centre Belle-Alliance. Times, ticket prices and other details will soon be announced.
Here is the list of finalists by category.
2015 YOUNG ENTERPRISING PERSON
- Keith Turbide, Charlottetown
- Kyle Gill, Charlottetown
- Sophie Duguay, Charlottetown
2015 CO-OP OF THE YEAR
- Évangeline-Central Credit Union, Wellington
- Coopérative de développement culturel et patrimonial de Mont-Carmel, Mont-Carmel
2015 BUSINESS WOMAN OF THE YEAR
- Linda Lowther (Lowther Group), Charlottetown
- Louise Allaire (ScotiaBank), Summerside
- Tanya Gallant (Cameleon Productions), Charlottetown
2015 DISTINGUISHED ENTREPRENEUR
- Julien Arsenault (Arsenault-Sanford Farm), Mont-Carmel
- Julien Bernard (Bernadale Farm), St. Philippe
2015 PRESIDENT’S AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
- Thompson’s Woodcraft (Wilfred Thompson), North Bedeque
- Urbainville Farms (Robert and Alfred Arsenault), Urbainville
CUTLINE: After announcing the list of finalists for the entrepreneurial awards competition Tuesday, Jeannette Arsenault, right, spokesperson for the Acadian and Francophone Chamber of Commerce of PEI, chats with Jeannette Blaquière about the Entrepreneurs’ Gala, to be held March 14 at the Centre Belle-Alliance in Summerside.
For more details:
Raymond J. Arsenault
Acadian and Francophone Chamber of Commerce of PEI
(902) 854-3439, Ext. 231