WELLINGTON – October 22, 2021 – A total of 61 children in Grades 1-6, primarily from Evangeline School, participated in a recent drawing contest held in conjunction with Co-op and Small Business Week. Children were invited to draw a business or co-operative from their area, giving them the opportunity to learn from their parents or teachers about what these places of business do. In some cases, the drawings were done as class projects.
Certain establishments (such as the Wellington Co-op and the Evangeline Recreation Centre) were represented in several of the drawings, but this year the variety was much wider than last year; in fact, about 20 different places were drawn: gas stations, dairy bars, tourist attractions, sawmills, farms, the fire station, etc. Many of these were businesses owned by the children’s relatives or neighbors.
The contest partners – from left Raymond J. Arsenault of the Acadian and Francophone Chamber of Commerce of PEI, Annette Richard of the Centre scolaire-communautaire Évangéline, Josée Ouellette of the Wellington Rural Action Centre, Diane McInnis of the Provincial Credit Union and Annette Doherty of the Wellington Co-op – gathered on Friday, October 22, to make random prize draws from all the participants’ names.
Here are the top winners:
• $100 Co-op gift card: Doriane Endova
• Throw blankets: Wyatt Ford, Leah Fraser, Arielle Gallant, Finn Annand, Emersyn Caissie, Alec Gallant, Jamie Arsenault
• PERCÉ backpack: Félix Sonnier
• Backpack lunchboxes: Leah Richard, Casen Arsenault, Desmond Delaney, Sofie Gallant, Banjamin Adams, Hailey Jeffery, Callie Arsenault, Samuel Gallant, Sarah Wagner, Samuel Côté, Callie Crosier, Olivia Milligan, Riel Arsenault and Jack Arsenault
• Movies: Katey, Ryker MacPhee-Lane, Jackson Poirier, Jayden Wagner, Emma Richard, Magalie Perry
All others will receive small promotional items from the Wellington Co-op and the Wellington Rural Action Centre.