RDÉE PEI is looking to fill a year-long, full-time position (with possibility of extension or renewal), starting in early April 2019. Stimulating work environment with benefits and flexible hours.
• Co-ordinating a leadership project for young French-speaking adults;
• Recruiting participants;
• Developing program content, finding necessary resource people and overseeing the implementation of the program;
• Taking care of the logistics of project activities;
• Leading group sessions;
• Supporting participants in their volunteer community projects;
• Establishing partnerships with community organizations throughout the province and ensuring follow-ups;
• Managing the project budget;
• Collaborating with the promotion of the project and with the preparation of a communications plan;
• Developing a project evaluation plan;
• Developing a survey for participants;
• Preparing regular progress reports;
• Carrying out all other related duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• University diploma in a field related to the position or a combined equivalency of training and experience;
• Experience in project co-ordination would be an asset.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in both French and English (mandatory);
• Excellent leadership and organizational skills (mandatory);
• Great capacity for adapting to constant changes;
• Capacity to use office technology, Internet and online tools;
• Networking and group presentation skills;
• Ability to work independently and with groups;
• In-depth knowledge about PEI’s Acadian and francophone communities would be an asset.
TRAVELLING: Must have access to vehicle and must have valid driver’s license for regular travelling throughout the province. (Travelling expenses will be paid.)
HOMEBASE: Office in Wellington or in Charlottetown, PEI.
SALARY: From $20-$23 per hour, depending on skills and experience in the field. 37.5 hours a week.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 23, 2019, at midnight (Atlantic time).
TO APPLY: Send your cover letter, accompanied by your resumé, both in French, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(PLEASE NOTE: Only those who meet the requirements will be granted an interview.)