WELLINGTON – Feb. 17, 2023 – Once again this year, the Evangeline branch of the Provincial Credit Union is sponsoring the 2023 Acadian Entrepreneurs’ Gala on March 11 – or more specifically, the portion of the evening during which five local businesspeople will be inducted into the PEI Acadian and Francophone Business Hall of Fame.
In exchange for its sponsorship, the Credit Union will present induction trophies to:
• former farmer Euclide Gallant of Wellington (formerly of Urbainville);
• former farmer and community pasture manager Melvin Gallant of St. Timothy, who still works part-time;
• former Wellington Co-op manager Ernest Arsenault of Wellington;
• former assistant manager of the Mont-Carmel Co-op, Jeanne Durant of Wellington (and formerly of Mont-Carmel);
• former multi-entrepreneur, the late Euclide Arsenault of Wellington, who owned the Arsenault & Gaudet general store, the Irving Garage, Red Rock Beach and other businesses.
Raymond J. Arsenault, gala coordinator for the Acadian and Francophone Chamber of Commerce of PEI, recently met with the new general manager of the Evangeline branch of the Credit Union, Jessica Gallant, to discuss its sponsorship and the Chamber’s biggest entrepreneurial recognition event of the year.
He told her that permanent plaques of each inductee are hung on the Hall of Fame’s wall of honor in the meeting room of the Wellington Rural Action Center. So far, 23 businesspeople are honored on that wall; after the March 11 induction ceremony, that number will increase to 28. All of these plaques surround a large plaque with the Hall of Fame logo and the Credit Union logo.
Arsenault proudly reveals that the Evangeline branch of the Credit Union (under its former names) has sponsored at least 19 of the Chamber’s 21 Galas.
During the evening, which will be held at the Village musical acadien in Abram-Village on Saturday, March 11, starting at 5:30 p.m., the Chamber of Commerce will also present awards in five categories, namely to businesses, entrepreneurs, organizations and businesspeople.
Tickets are on sale through March 3 in person at the Wellington Rural Action Center, by phone at 902-854-3439 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PHOTO: Jessica Gallant, general manager of the Evangeline branch of Provincial Credit Union, chats with Raymond J. Arsenault, coordinator of the 2023 Entrepreneur Gala, about this year’s Business Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
For more information:
Raymond J. Arsenault
Coordinator of the 2023 Entrepreneurs’ Gala